Selfless service (or Sewa) has always been the essence and at the heart of Hinduism. As Sri Ramakrishna said “When the goal of spiritual life is reached, there remains only compassion in the heart”. Swindon Hindu Temple & Cultural Centre feels privileged to have the opportunity to undertake several charitable initiatives to help those who need it the most. Here is a brief snapshot:
– Free Indian Kitchen on Friday 23rd Dec at 10:30 – 17:00 at The Fountain in Town Centre, to serve Indian Vegetarian Food to over thousand people.
– Christmas Appeal for Homeless Shelter (collection point for donation of goods & food items).
– Christmas Care Shelter at Walcot Dome 24-28 Dec (Hot Indian Food Buffet, Cakes, Crisps, Biscuits, etc.).
– Clothing Charity set up to donate clothes to homeless people, shelters & other charities (Shirts, Trousers, Bodywarmers, Jacket liners, Thermal boxers, Thermal tops & bottoms, Wool jumpers, Boiler suits, Gloves, Hats, Snoods, High vis jackets, Boots, Wellingtons, etc.).
– Volunteering at Care Homes.
– Raised & donated £5000 towards Nepal Earthquake Relief in 2015.